The Commercial Pilot License allows you to fly an aircraft for compensation or hire. This is also the minimum license requirement for employment as a pilot or become a flight instructor. Commercial pilots can also be paid for certain types of operations, such as banner towing, agricultural applications, and photography.
Minimum requirements to obtain a Commercial Pilot License are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently.
- Hold a Private Pilot License.
- Obtain at least a second class medical certificate from an Aviation Medical Examiner
- Pass a computerized aeronautical knowledge test
- Accumulate and log a specified amount of training and experience under Part 61, Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) section 61.129.
- Pass an oral test and flight test administered by an FAA inspector or designated examiner
The minimum required time for the Commercial Pilot License is 250 Hours under CFR 14 Part 61.
Course Duration: 6 – 8 months*
* Subject to flying weather availability and student aptitude
If you would like additional information on course price and relevant details, please contact us.
Oxford Flight School in London offers a range of flight training programs. If you are looking for the best Flight Training in London or Pilot School or Pilot Training, you have come to the right place.